Full Fall Season

Tyler Jacobs, Editor-in-Chief

Chancellor theatre’s fall and winter seasons have never been so packed! Already three shows for the year have been cast.
   Men On Boats, the fall one-act, features an all-female cast telling the story of the first government sanctioned expedition on the Colorado River in order to explore the Grand Canyon. Chancellor will be taking Men On Boats to VTA (Virginia Theatre Association) and compete against other school one acts from all across Virginia.
   Next on the slate is a brand new fall comedy. For the first time Chancellor has a full length play running simultaneously with the one-act. Picasso at the Lapin Agile, written by Steve Martin, will be playing November 16th and 17th. It is a high comedy in which Albert Einstein and Pablo Picasso run into each other in a bar in Paris, accompanied by an old French man, the average bartender, and Schemenderman.
   Chancellor is also partnering with a Fredericksburg community theatre, Stagedoor Productions, to put on Elf: The Musical, Jr. It is a musical adaption of the comedy feature film starring Will Ferrell. Elf stars students from schools K-12 all throughout Spotsylvania and will be playing in December.
   These productions aren’t the only opportunities this fall either. Chancellor will also be participating in the Forensics Speech and Interpretation competitions as well as holding several drama club meetings, and assisting students in making films for the VHSL Film Festival.